Skip to main content

The effects of recession at my job..

The word 'recession' has been falling on my ears for last 2-3 years mostly from my friends abroad.Comparing recession in synonym to a cyclone thats rapidly approaching to fill our life with agony was the general approach..then a lot of reading..on recession..articles from Deloitte, Mckinsey improved the knowledge...
Even after such efforts of knowing the situation, nothing seemed to have touched me..no one in close circle too..my parents n relatives who were mostly Govt servants were supposed to be immune to such economic down turns.

So we were waiting. Our team at office was good n lively. Majority being bachelors , spent most of their evenings with lavish parties..May be most of them might have saved (I pray so)...
The IBS termination episode started as an eye opener...never before had we heard about mass termination in a firm in Kerala since the slow down early this decade. Then a fine morning it was announced that our client want to downsize..means 6 among us,..luckily I escaped the axe this time.. but how long??

Last week my unfortunate collegues left..without finding a new job..not all, but one of them got a job to the very same profile and at the very same location where 5 years before I had started my career and then left for a better job..the cycle reversed in his case..

During the past five and a half years , the Automation Engineer's job profile I was involved was largely devoid of any tension until the ripples of recession reached Indian shores..as projects came down and the fear of job loss started hanging as the Sword of Damocles..panic search of new job..
Luckily for me the Masters in Business administration which I had been doing during my evening time for last 3 years had almost finished; thanks to my prudent father who urged me to invest my free time and savings on education; now with my new profile in Marketing..seems to have better footing as we are supposed to find projects..at least we are deciding our future projects!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

*കൊറോണ കാലത്തെ ഭക്ഷണ ശീലങ്ങൾ*

കൊറോണ പ്രമാണിച്ച് സർക്കാർ പ്രഖ്യാപിച്ച സമ്പൂർണ്ണ അടച്ചു പൂട്ടൽ തുടങ്ങിയിട്ട് രണ്ടു ദിവസമേ ആയിട്ടുള്ളൂ.. അത്യാവശ്യം നല്ല രീതിയിൽ പത്രവും വാർത്തകളും വായിച്ച് വിലയിരുത്തി, പകർച്ചവ്യാധികൾ കടന്നു വരാതിരിക്കാൻ കരുതലുള്ള വീട്ടുകാർ ഒരാഴ്ച മുൻപു തന്നെ സ്വയം കരുതൽ തടങ്കലിൽ കയറിയിരുന്നു.. ഇടയ്ക്കെപ്പോഴോ ഒരിക്കൽ പലവ്യഞ്ജനവും പച്ചക്കറിയും വാങ്ങാനായി ഇറങ്ങിയതൊഴിച്ചാൽ ഒരാഴ്ചയിൽ കൂടുതലായി വീട്ടിനുള്ളിൽ തന്നെ.. ആദ്യ ദിവസങ്ങളിൽ കാര്യം കുശാലായിരുന്നു ; രാവിലെ 9 ന് എഴുന്നേൽക്കുമ്പോൾ ചായ , പത്ത് മണിക്ക് കാപ്പി പലഹാരമായി അപ്പവും സ്റ്റൂവും, അല്ലെങ്കിൽ പുട്ടും കടലക്കറിയും; ഉച്ചക്ക് ഊണിന്, നിറയെ പച്ചക്കറികൾ കൊണ്ടുള്ള അവിയൽ, പയറ് തോരൻ , കായ മെഴുക്കുപുരട്ടി, ഒഴിക്കാൻ പൈനാപ്പിൾ പുളിശ്ശേരി , വറുത്ത മീൻ , മുട്ട ചിക്കി പൊരിച്ചത് ( സ്ക്രാമ്പിൾഡ്), അച്ചാർ .. വൈകിട്ട് ചായയും ബിസ്കറ്റ് മിക്സ്ചർ .. അണ്ണാച്ചിയുടെ കടയിൽ നിന്ന് വാങ്ങിയ ചക്കയും, കായയും കൊണ്ടുള്ള ഉപ്പേരികളും .. രാത്രി ദോശയോ അപ്പമോ അങ്ങനെയെന്തെങ്കിലും .. സെസ്സേർട്ട് ആയി സുപ്രീം ബേക്കറിയിലെ കേക്കും, അണ്ണാച്ചി കടയിലെ രണ്ട് വെറൈറ്റി എള്ളുണ്ടയും. സുഖം പരമ സുഖം..

How to start writing..

It has been almost 11 or 12 years , when I was first introduced to world of internet by my cousin n friend Arun. My activities with the internet being circling around the routine activities of checking mails and looking for some information needed for my studies n then at job. During the last few years blogging has started to grow as an effective medium for casual and business communication.Even then a blog did not arouse much interest in me, until a day when I came across a blog maintained by a firend. It was enlightening. The way he expressed himself in words; which on normal conversation I would have never shown the patience to listen. As an individual when ever I felt good or bad about something happening around my world, a habit developed of discussing, asserting , arguing, disagreeing ,fighting and a breakup for the day...most of the time my poor father was the sufferer. Hence the very idea of sharing my thoughts in a blog which can give as much loudness as possible was encouragi

കാതിലോല നല്ലതാളി

കൊല്ലവർഷം 1163 , കർക്കിടക മാസം ..  തിരുവനന്തപുരത്തെ അത്രയൊന്നും അറിയ പ്പെടാത്ത കന്യാസ്ത്രീകൾ നടത്തുന്ന പ്രാഥമിക വിദ്യാലയം.. പഠിച്ച് പഠിച്ച് നാലാം ക്ലാസിൽ എത്തിയപ്പോൾ സീനിയർ ആയ ഗമ .കർക്കിടക മഴയിൽ രാവിലെ തന്നെ നനഞ്ഞൊട്ടി ക്ലാസിൽ വന്നിരുന്നപ്പോൾ 4B യുടെ ക്ലാസ് ടീച്ചറായ സിസ്റ്റർ ഫിലോമിന ആ പ്രഖ്യാപനം നടത്തി. ഓണാഘോഷങ്ങളുടെ ഭാഗമായി ഇത്തവണ ഒരു സ്കിറ്റ് ഉണ്ടാകും. ശാകുന്തളത്തെ അടിസ്ഥാനമാക്കി. ആർക്കൊക്കെ താത്പര്യമുണ്ട് അഭിനയിക്കാൻ ? ക്ലാസിൽ 15 ആൺകുട്ടികളും 25 പെൺകുട്ടികളും ഉള്ളതിൽ പകുതിയോളം പേർ കൈ പൊക്കി. സിസ്റ്റർ എല്ലാവരെയും നോക്കിയിട്ട് വാലിട്ട് കണ്ണെഴുതി വരുന്ന നീളൻ മുടിയുള്ള സൗമ്യയെ ആദ്യം തിരഞ്ഞെടുത്തു. എന്നെ സ്ഥിരമായി ഡീബു എന്ന് വിളിക്കുന്ന അഹങ്കാരി. ആൺകുട്ടികളുടെ കൂട്ടത്തിൽ നോക്കി നടന്ന്, സുന്ദരനായ ബുദ്ധിമാനായ നകുലിനെയും പിന്നെ പല വമ്പൻമാരെയും തഴഞ്ഞ് എന്നെ തിരഞ്ഞെടുത്തു. പിന്നെയും രണ്ട് മൂന്ന് പേരെ കൂടി എടുത്തു. കൈ പൊക്കാത്ത രാമലിംഗത്തെയും തിരഞ്ഞെടുത്തു. കോൺമെന്റ് സ്കൂളിൽ അച്ചടക്കം നിർബന്ധം ആയതു കൊണ്ട് രാവിലെ ക്ലാസിൽ കയറിയാൽ ഉണ്ണാൻ ഉള്ള ബെല്ലിനേ പുറത്തിറങ്ങാൻ പറ്റൂ. പ്രായത്തിൽ കവിഞ്ഞ ഉയരവും